The five beauty essentials keeping me cool when temperatures keep on rising.
London and much of the UK is currently basking (read: sweltering) in 30+ degrees heat – wahhh!
It’s too hot to do anything. Other than sit by a fan. Let alone think about making myself look presentable.
Fortunately, I am still on maternity leave and due to Coronavirus there’s nowhere to go. Every cloud…
Today’s post is quite simply my five beauty essentials that work hard, and are quick to use, even when it’s boiling and the baby is sticking to your leg.
There’s probably a few more I could add but I am keeping it simple and trying not to think too hard, ‘cos it’s too damn hot. I think I mentioned that already. So without further ado, here are my five heatwave beauty essentials…
Heatwave Beauty Essentials
- La Roche Posay Serozinc – I’ve been using this spray like a mad woman over the last few days. The light mist can be used after cleansing and acid toning to well just cool things down. A great one to take on holidays to freshen up after a long day in the sun.
- Bumble & Bumble Don’t Blow It Hairstyler – Argh I can not face drying my hair at the moment (or ever really), which means it looks flat and limpless. But this cream has helped with that. You only need a tiny drop, think 5p rather than 50p sized, and work it into ends and roots. Also helps with frizz and taming those ridiculous post-partum baby hairs.
- Malin & Goetz Eucalyptus Roll-On Deodorant – I love, love, love this deodorant. It smells fresh, is brilliantly hard-working, and lasts a long time. Plus, it looks aesthetically pleasing and makes me feel like I have sh*t together when clearly I do not.
- Clarins Fix’ Makeup Spray – This smell reminds me of holidays and long summer evenings. Remember when we used to get dressed up and go out?! That feels like a long and distant memory at the moment. Anyways, I digress. When sprayed over make up, this helps to hold everything in place without making your skin feel too wet. Also, nice to use during the day when you need a second of me-time before you hear “mummy!” for the tenth time in a row.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Eden) – I was in two minds about adding this one – it’s makeup after all and usually I don’t wear much if any on a ‘normal’ day. But I’d forgotten how good this is until the other day, when I popped it on and thought “OK I do look a bit more human now”. Blend onto eyelids with a finger (takes a second) and ta-da more awake eyes. Or, add an eyeshadow on top and the primer will stop it from sliding down into your eye bags, which is rather helpful.